Symptoms and Treatments of Sudden Erectile Dysfunction
Sudden erectile dysfunction can be a baffling and confusing experience. It can happen without any warning and leave you feeling undetermined about what is happening to your body. Despite this, just know that you are not alone, though.
This blog post will help you understand the causes of sudden erectile dysfunction and the treatment options available to you.
Sudden Erectile Dysfunction: What Is It?
Sudden ED results in the same inability to have and maintain an erection during copulation. However, the only difference between the two is that this happens suddenly or seemingly out of nowhere rather than slowly over time.
Sudden ED usually stems from medication side effects or a physiological issue. Sometimes, you may find more than one reason for sudden erectile dysfunction.
What Causes Sudden Erectile Dysfunction?
The possible causes of sudden onset of erectile dysfunction depend on various factors.
- Various types of medication lead to erectile dysfunction, ranging from blood pressure medications to antidepressants.
- Sudden ED can result from an underlying condition where plaque builds up inside the arteries leading to blockage and impaired blood flow. Such a condition is known as atherosclerosis. The majority of erectile dysfunction issues are linked with some type of cardiovascular disorder.
- Erectile failure has been observed to be linked to diabetes and poor blood sugar control in men. Research has shown that men dealing with diabetes are three times more prone to ED than non-diabetic men.
- Prostate cancer treatments include surgery, radiation, hormone therapy, or chemotherapy, all of which can affect sensual function by impacting nerves or hormones.
- Spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, and multiple traumatic brain injuries have been observed to cause ED.
- Injury to the nerves, such as the male reproductive organ, prostate, or bladder, that supply and control erections can cause erectile dysfunction.
- Obesity or being overweight can contribute to ED.
- Excessive alcohol use, smoking, or recreational drug use can be a leading cause of ED.
- A lack of physical exercise has been connected to an increased risk of ED, as well as heart disease and diabetes. The most common health issues associated with obesity, such as blood pressure, diabetes, and abnormal cholesterol, are known to affect sensual health.
- Chronic stress, anxiety, low self-esteem, and fear-related stress can contribute to a psychological condition such as depression, which can result in ED.
Is It Possible For Erectile Dysfunction To Occur Suddenly & Is It Curable?
Erectile dysfunction generally develops slowly and gradually, often because of circulatory or nervous system issues. However, in some cases, it can come suddenly out of the blue. This unexpected ED is also called impotence, sudden erectile dysfunction.
Every man has a different ED case, so finding the root cause is important. Sudden ED issues can be cured depending upon the root cause; treating the root cause rather than symptoms can more likely help you achieve faster and long-lasting results.
Sudden Erectile Dysfunction Treatment Options
There are certain measures you can take to treat your ED issues as well as help you prevent them in the future. We have compiled several treatment options that might help you deal with sudden ED.
1. Consumption of a healthy diet–
Studies show that having a healthy diet with higher consumption of nuts, green vegetables, legumes, fruits, fish, and healthy fats can reduce the risk of developing ED. Consider avoiding processed and red meats and alcohol as they can cause sudden ED.
2. Exercising is a must –
Incorporating daily routine exercise and physical activity into your lifestyle can be beneficial for treating ED issues. Research has found a strong connection between erectile dysfunction and cardiovascular disorders. This can happen because of a lack of physical exercise, obesity, and high blood pressure.
3. Oral medications –
PDE5 inhibitors are an efficient yet effective treatment for sudden erectile dysfunction causes and can help improve sensual drive. Most effective ED medication such as Sildenafil, Avanafil, Tadalafil, Dapoxetine, and Vardenafil help you increase sensual desire and blood flow to the male organ creating harder and longer-lasting erections.
4. Lose weight if need be –
Obesity is the main risk factor for ED issues, so if you are overweight, you may want to consider losing a few pounds. Excess body fat can interfere with hormone levels which could affect your sensual function, and having a high waist circumference has been associated with a higher risk of ED.
5. Treat Underlying conditions –
ED is a condition that often builds slowly over time-related to other underlying issues. Chronic disorders like type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and multiple sclerosis can all contribute to erectile dysfunction. So always talk to your healthcare provider if you suspect an underlying health problem could be at play.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can erectile dysfunction happen suddenly?
Erectile dysfunction gradually develops over time, often due to circulatory or nervous system disorders. However, sudden loss of libido and erectile dysfunction can occur unexpectedly and suddenly.
2. How do you treat erectile dysfunction suddenly?
3. What age does ED usually start?
Studies have shown that about 40% of men are affected by ED at the age of 40, and nearly 70% of men are affected by ED by turning 70. However, aside from age, many other risk factors exist for developing erectile dysfunction.