Blog, Erectile Dysfunction

Diabetes and Erectile Dysfunction: What’s the Connection?

diabetes and erectile dysfunction what the connection

Diabetes And Erectile Dysfunction: Is There A Connection?

Although Diabetes and erectile dysfunction are two separate diseases, they are often linked together. ED is defined as difficulty achieving an erection during copulation, and men who have Diabetes are two to three times more likely to suffer from ED. When men reach the age of 45 and face erectile dysfunction problems, it may be a symptom of type 2 diabetes.

Diabetes occurs when there is an increase in sugar levels in your bloodstream. There are two types of Diabetes – type 1, which affects less than 10% of people, and type 2, which affects the rest, 90% of people. Type 2 diabetes is often the result of being overweight or inactive.

So, if you are thinking, does Diabetes cause erectile dysfunction, the answer is yes. Age is an inevitable cause of erectile dysfunction. And as for many men, many health conditions, such as Diabetes, contribute to the likelihood of developing erectile dysfunction symptoms.

Diabetes and Erectile Dysfunction: Opinion Of Experts

According to Boston University Medical Center, approximately half of the men diagnosed with type 2 diabetes develop ED within five to ten years of diagnosis. Also, men suffering from heart disease have even greater odds of becoming impotent.

However, a study done in 2014 suggests that if men suffering from Diabetes adopt a healthier lifestyle, Diabetes erectile dysfunction symptoms may get reduced. These lifestyle habits include getting regular exercise and eating a balanced diet.

Type 1: Diabetes And Erectile Dysfunction  

Some men have impotence or erectile dysfunction, but this disease is quite common in men with type 1 diabetes. Hardened arteries can contribute to impotence in people with type 1 diabetes by restricting blood flow to the male reproductive organ. Damage to nerves may also contribute to this disease.

Keeping the glucose levels in the blood at an optimum level may help reduce the chances of ED. It’s important to speak with your diabetes team or doctor if you experience problems with your sexual function. There are many treatments available for decreased libido and impotence, such as counseling, oral or injectable medications, or surgery.

Type 2: Diabetes And Erectile Dysfunction  

Diabetes and erectile dysfunction obviously have a connection as it is related to circulation and the nervous system. When the blood sugar levels are poorly controlled, it damages nerves and small blood vessels.

Having an erection firm enough to engage in sexual activity can be impeded by damage to the nerves controlling sexual stimulation and response. When the blood flow is reduced by damaged blood vessels, it may also contribute to ED.

Symptoms Of Erectile Dysfunction Due To Diabetes

There is a higher risk of erectile dysfunction among men who have diabetes. According to a recent study, over 50% of men dealing with Diabetes have symptoms of erectile dysfunction. If you are experiencing ED issues, consider Diabetes as a possible cause. Some of the few symptoms of erectile dysfunction with Diabetes are mentioned below:

  • Causes damage to the ANS – Diabetes can harm the autonomic nervous system, also called ANS, and can lead to sensual problems. The autonomic nervous system controls the widening and constricting of your blood vessels. If Diabetes injures the blood vessels and nerves in the male reproductive organ, ED can result.
  • Retrograde Ejaculation – Men dealing with Diabetes can also come across retrograde ejaculation. This means some of the semen is released into the bladder, resulting in noticeable less semen released during ejaculation.
  • Urologic issuesCan Diabetes cause erectile dysfunction due to urologic issues? It can occur in men with Diabetes due to diabetic nerve damage, including overactive bladder and inability to control urination, which can result in ED issues.

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

1. Can Erectile dysfunction caused by Diabetes be reversed?

Diabetes is a chronic health condition that you will have for life, so it is possible to stop ED caused by Diabetes from happening or getting worse but existing damage caused to nerves and blood vessels cannot be reversed.

2. Does Diabetes affect erectile dysfunction?

Men tackling diabetes issues are at a higher risk of erectile dysfunction or impotence, specifically when the Diabetes is not well-controlled.

3. Can a Diabetic Take Viagra?

Most men with diabetic issues can take ED medication pills such as generic Viagra (Kamagra 100, cenforce 200). However, it is essential that Diabetes and erectile dysfunction cure be talked out with a doctor first because this medication can impact a person’s heart rate and vision.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *